Online Casino Bonuses 101
You might have seen that most online casinos advertisements usually offer some sort of bonus or FREE money to have you start playing there. Like most things in the world, nothing really comes free, so before you start claiming this free money and then getting upset you’ve been ripped off, It is advisable to continue reading and see how this all works.
First of all, you may ask; why do online casinos even offer this “free” money?
It’s part of their marketing and differentiation strategy. In a nutshell, online casinos are generally “skins” of a specific software provider, so actually behind the 카지노커뮤니티 different owner, graphics, licensing etc under the bonnet there’s very little difference between let’s say all Playtech powered casinos, or all Microgaming powered ones.
So, if they are mostly the same below the hood, there needs to be some sort of difference which will encourage you to play at “X” online casino and not “Y”. Besides the graphics, licensing, support and reputation, another way to pitch to potential players is giving them something, in this case, an additional.
Having put that out of the way, the next question you might ask yourself is: OK, so Casino X is providing $5, 000 free, maybe I’ll sign up, take my $5, 000, play them out and go on to Casino Ymca.
The answer here is pretty simple as well. In order to claim bonuses at at an online casino, you will usually need to create a deposit, unless it’s specifically stated you don’t, but we’ll get to that later.
Before we sink into the burgers of the different types of bonuses provided by online casinos, here are a few extra terms and points you should know of, so you can clarify them with a support representative before claiming an additional, just so you know stance and what you’re claiming.
- Wagering requirements: Most bonuses have wagering or playthrough requirements, meaning that you need to play a percentage which causes the area withdraw winning from your account. An average of wagering requirements are usually between 15 to 40 times, however pay attention to what you need to guess. In some cases it will be just the bonus times X and in others you will need to guess the bonus + your deposit amount X times. The latter by the way is more widespread.
Another piece you should pay attention to with regards to wagering requirements is, that essentially online casinos, if you request a revulsion before you have completed the wagering requirements, all your earnings to date will be void. Not really fair, but this is reality.
- Games played: Make sure you see the T&Cs in this case. Because video poker machines games are generally the most profitable games for online casinos, many bonuses tend to be valid only for video poker machines games. Usually scratch cards and keno will comply with this rule.
In other cases, you will be allowed to play your bonus on all games; however not all games will count 100% towards the playthrough requirements. For example play on video poker machines will count 100% but roulette will only count 30%, meaning you will must have to guess over three times more in order to clear the wagering requirements and withdraw your earnings.
- Minimum deposit requirement: In most cases, in order to claim an additional you will be required to create a minimum deposit, which again can vary. It’s generally a small amount which you will probably deposit anyway. It’s usually not over $50.
Now that all of us are for a passing fancy page and speaking the same language, it’s time we experienced the main types of bonuses available at most online casinos.
- A Match bonus is the most common type of bonus. For every buck you deposit, you will be credited X% of what you placed by the casino. So, if, for example, casino Unces is providing a 100% match bonus, deposit $100 and the casino will give you an extra $100 in bonus money. This means that actually start playing at the casino with $200. Match bonuses have been limited to a certain maximum bonus amount you can claim. A match bonus can be a separate bonus as part of a promotion (more common at US friendly online casinos) and/or within the welcome bonus
- A welcome bonus is generally offered by most, if not all, online casinos to new players who sign up and make their first deposit at the casino. The welcome bonus is the sum of the all the possible match bonuses you can accumulate as a new player at the casino over a specific period of time, or within your first X deposits, or combining the two; so if a casino markets a $3000 welcome bonus, that it is the most you can get with the 1st deposit bonus, second deposit bonus, monthly bonus etc, where if you deposit the maximum amount of each match bonus, you can reach the advertised welcome bonus. If you deposit less than needed for the most bonus in each stage, you won’t reach the amount advertised in the welcome bonus. So, in fact, the welcome bonus advertised is the MAXIMIUM amount you can claim in bonus money during your first period of playing at the casino.